Saigonchildren is a long-standing INGO in Vietnam committed to removing barriers to education for children from disadvantaged backgrounds in Vietnam. We pride ourselves on our friendly and supportive working environment. At saigonchildren, you will be working with respected organizations and talented, compassionate people committed to helping disadvantaged children.
1. Work with saigonchildren
We are now looking for a Vocational Training and Employment Officer
Key role and responsibilities
The Vocational Training and Employment Officer is a member of Getting Ready For Work (GRFW) Programme reporting to GRFW Manager. The post holder’s principle responsibilities include:
- Ensure that youngsters who are admitted into the programme are from genuinely disadvantaged background and that they want to take a vocational training and get a job but cannot do that due to financially deficiency of their families;
- Ensure that youngsters in the programme receive proper, good quality and in time support to fulfill their vocational training and have a job after all;
- Ensure that youngsters in the programme are followed up closely and are provided with counseling whenever needed;
- Ensure that all information relating to the youngsters are recorded, updated and documented timely and accurately;
- Ensure that the relationship and cooperation with local partners are nurtured to the highest satisfaction;
- Keep the Programme Manager updated of any problems arising for the youngsters and make suggestions to provide immediate and additional support through the Urgent Support Scheme to ensure the youngsters receive the support they need to continue their training.
- Closely cooperate with other members within the Getting Ready For Work Programme, especially Psycho-social Counselling and Life skills project to ensure the beneficiaries participate in life skill trainings and obtain necessary life skills.
- Vietnamese national with a university degree in Social Work or related major
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in social work activities, 2 working years in NGOs is preferable
- Preference for candidate who has experience working with disadvantage and vulnerable adolescence
- Good English written and verbal skills is favorable
- Ability to work independently and team work
- Good problem solving, compliance, negotiating and presentation skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
Contact and Deadline
- Please submit resume and cover letter to Ms. Kim Phung at email@example.com by 18 May 2018
- This position is for Vietnamese only.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
See more: JD Vocational Training And Employment Officer 27042018
2. Volunteer with saigonchildren