CHARITY CYCLE ADVENTURE RIDES AGAIN FOR THE 6th YEAR RUNNING!
Saigon Children’s Charity CIO (SCC) is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Charity Cycle Adventure (CCA). Started in 2010, the CCA has raised over $200,000 to help support disadvantaged children and young adults in Vietnam. Over the last 5 years, CCA has welcomed a range of enthusiastic cyclists from all over the world who, in total, have ridden over 1000km.
Mr. Tim Mullett, Chairman of the Organising Committee and Director of SCC, is taking on the challenge this year:“As the new Director of SCC I flew to Danang last year to encourage the CCA riders up and over the Hai Van Pass. I was really inspired by the team’s commitment to make a difference, by their effort not only to ride for the three days but also to raise funds through individaul sponsorship, and of course by the beauty of the views and the countryside. I undertook to do the ride myself this year and am excited to take part and raise funds for SCC. I think it will be very difficult and probably painful, but will all be worthwhile to help the children we support.”
This year, the course starts in the beautiful mountains of Buon Me Thuot, travelling through the scenic town of Da Lat and finishing in the popular beach resort of Nha Trang. Although picturesque, this route is not for the faint-heated being a tough, sometimes grueling route, with its many steep hills, twisting roads and intense heat. In total, the route is approximately 300km long spread over just three days!
The purpose of the ride is to help fulfill SCC’s mission of eliminating poverty through education. SCC helps disadvantaged children and young adults in Vietnam get access to an education through its four programmes:
- Building Schools - SCC has now built and renovated more than 300 classrooms
- Vocational Training Courses–supporting more than 600 young adults to enjoy free vocational training courses and have jobs. More than 5000 young adults learning English, Life skills
- Sponsorships – about 2,000 children have been financially supported in their education currently
- Working with others– helping more than 8000 children with disabilities build a better life though education and other support
US$50,000 is the target for 2015 for this team of keen cyclists.Riders are tasked with raising a minimum of US$500 each,and the funds will go directly to support the work of helping the disadvantaged children who we work with at SCC. The money raised will play a vital role in helping achieve SCC’s vision to eliminate poverty through education. In addition to their individual fundraising target, in order to cover all of the costs of the ride, cyclists are required to provide US$675 each.
Many riders have already confirmed so please act now and enroll to ride before 30 October 2015!
For further information, please contact:
- Team Leader Tom Duncan at email@example.com (m: +84 902 845 859), or,
- Ms Minh (SCC) at firstname.lastname@example.org (t: +84 8 3930 3502 ext:107)