“saigonchildren enables disadvantaged children and young adults in Vietnam to reach their full potential through receiving a quality education relevant to their needs”
Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Experience how disadvantaged children across Vietnam are helped
WATCH OUR VIDEOS
The Charity Cycle Adventure (CCA) will take place from 22-24 November 2019
RIDE WITH US
Show your support by helping us today!
Take action, fundraise with us!
Give a child a gift of school for $10 per month!
SPONSOR A CHILD
Thank you for your subscribing to saigonchildren newsletter. Your subscription is now complete.
Through bank transfer Credit cards Through Momo
Children are the hidden victims of the COVID-19 pandemic. Their education, mental health and even access to basic health services are being heavily affected. If we act fast, we can minimize the negative consequences on the children and ensure that their education are not affected.
They urgently need your support!
What does my sponsorship mean to my sponsored child?
As a sponsor, you will help transform your sponsored child’s life. Our scholarship packages differ depending on the level of the student. For example university students receive assistance to pay tuition fees, whereas school students generally receive school supplies (textbooks and notebooks), a new school uniform and 10 kg of rice per month during the school year. Saigonchildren visits each child in their home to assess their level of poverty and suitability for the programme. We hold regular meetings with the children and, where possible, with their families to assess and reassess their needs. Saigonchildren gets to understand the children individually and maintain contact to ensure they continue to have what they need to attend school.
What makes saigonchildren’s approach unique?
We partner with people and organizations at every level of a child’s environment – with family, community, teachers and with sponsors – to guarantee the most lasting impact. We also work with children themselves to provide social services such as counselling for children at risk of dropping out and for children returning to education.
Why should I sponsor a child through saigonchildren?
Because it works! Established in 1992, the goal of the Child Development Scholarship Programme is to ensure that all children excluded from school or whose education is jeopardized by poverty can attend school untroubled by worries about the cost of education to their families. We choose students with great care and visit them in their homes. Selection criteria include the family’s financial situation (in accordance with the national poverty standard), the family’s ability to earn, other family circumstances and lack of or limited support from other NGOs or the government.
As a sponsor, you will witness the impact of your support through quarterly updates and you will give a better future to your sponsored child.
How is my sponsorship donation used?
Our scholarship packages differ depending on the level of the student – university students receive assistance to pay tuition fees, whereas school students generally receive school supplies (textbooks and notebooks), a new school uniform and 10 kg of rice per month during the school year. We also work with children themselves to provide social services such as counselling for children at risk of dropping out and for children returning to education.
What does it mean to be a saigonchildren sponsor?
– Thanks to your support you will take part in our daily work to support sponsored children to live a fuller, happier, healthier and safer life.
– You can personally connect with your sponsored child if you wish and even travel to visit them.
– You will witness the transformation through quarterly updates, and receive a detailed annual report with photos.
How are children chosen for sponsorship?
The students do not need to be clever to be chosen nor do they have to pass any test, they are chosen on the basis of:
– Family’s financial situation (average income is classified as poor or near-poor based on the national poverty line, expenses/debts, possession of assets).
– Family’s ability to earn, including if any family members have no or limited ability to work due to illness or disabilities.
– Family circumstances, including whether one or both parents’ have left, passed away or are working far from the child’s home.
– Lack of/limited support from other NGOs or from the government.
How does saigonchildren Child Sponsorship work?
– As a sponsor, you will support a child who lives in a saigonchildren programme areas. You will be the only sponsor for that child.
– Saigonchildren visits each child in their home to assess their level of poverty and suitability for the programme.
– After students are chosen to receive saigonchildren’s scholarships, we hold regular meetings with the children and, where possible, with their families to assess and reassess their needs.
– Saigonchildren gets to understand the children individually and maintain contact to ensure that they continue to have what they need to attend school.
– Saigonchildren collect students’ study reports. Although academic excellence is not a criterion for selection or to stay in the programme, we value their efforts in overcoming difficulties to get to university/college, which are reflected in the study reports.
How does my sponsored child benefit?
Their progress is monitored regularly and appropriate action taken, if necessary. Our team works tirelessly to increasing their skills, hope, happiness and confidence. We revisit the family of the children every year to reassess their circumstances and to make sure this help is given to those who need it the most. We also check with the family to see if their circumstances have changed for better or worse to see if any change is needed.
How can I sponsor a child?
It’s easy! Click here, fill out a quick form, and follow the rest of the steps.
Test FAQ CDSP